Saturday 17 December 2011

knitted creations

 7 days

3 weeks 4 days 

11 weeks

I have always been a knitter but up till now my knitting has always manifested itself into scarves...long scarves, short scarves, fat chunky scarves and skinny slinky scarves. When I found out I was pregnant, I straight away knew I wanted to knit my little bubba a blanket. Something made with love, that would stay with him as a keepsake. However, once I started I couldn't stop! I discovered a wonderful world of knitting tutorials on youtube and great baby patterns on the internet. Plus, the sheer tiny size of everything meant that projects were quick to get finished and I was constantly surprising myself with my new found abilities!

These photos are the beginning of items he has started to wear. (there are plenty more waiting for him to grow into them...stay tuned!)

Photo 1: Forever Baby Blanket. pattern via here.
Photo 2: Owl Sleep Sack and Matching Hat pattern via here.
Photo 3: Minnow Hat...knitted for a friend's baby's "Under the Sea" themed birthday party...pattern via here

1 comment: